If you believe you may have information about a potential trafficking situation:
- Do not at any time attempt to confront a suspected trafficker directly or alert a victim to your suspicions.
- Call 911 for emergency situations – threats of violence, physical assault, emergency medical needs, etc.
- If you are a victim of forced labor or commercial sex or concerned that someone may be, contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888; Text “BEFREE” to 233733; or Live Chat at humantraffickinghotline.org. The hotline is 24-hour live answer service with language access.
- Utahans can also report suspected human trafficking to the Utah Human Trafficking Tip line at 801-200-3443. The 24-hour tip line is run by the Utah Attorney General’s Office and answered by a voicemail machine. Note: Not intended for emergencies. Leave message and you will be contacted.
- When making a report give as much detail as possible.