About the Organization: The Refugee and Immigrant Center at the Asian Association of Utah (RIC-AAU) was founded in 1977 and is a private, non-profit, community-based organization located in Salt Lake City. Originally established to support Asian immigrants and refugees, the organization has expanded its resources and services over the past 40 years to assist refugees and immigrants from around the world. Today, we serve over 2,000 refugees, immigrants, and other community members each year. With over 60 staff members, our backgrounds cover 17 countries and over 30 languages. We are devoted to helping clients become more self-sufficient in their daily lives, and aim to reduce the barriers that refugees and immigrants face when adapting to life in the U.S.
Job Overview: The position of Program Assistant/Billing Specialist in the Interpreting/Translating Program has been established for the purpose of providing administrative and billing support to the department.
- Supports some of RIC-AAU’s most high-need clients through making sure they received crucial benefits Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming claim forms with attention to credibility
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper
- Answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies
- Identifies and resolves denied claims
- Helps with appointment coordination, when needed
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma; preference given to degree-seeking college students.
- Organization and VERY detail oriented –commitment to high standard of work
- Ability to proactively identify problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Excellent time management and administrative skills –ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work quickly and maintain composure while under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- $12 - $13 an hour - Part-time (20 hours, but with potential for more)
- Very flexible hours; possible work from home options. Able to work around school schedules
- 1-year commitment preferred
We are looking to fill this position immediately. If you would like to come in and “get a feel for it” we offer a 1-2 week trial period for current workload. If hired, the hours will be compensated.