Position Title: Central Volunteer Coordinator
Status: Part-Time (20 hours); Hourly
Department: Development - Community Engagement
Supervisor: Director of Development
Salary Range: $15.00-$18.00/hr; DOE
Volunteer Coordinator position coordinates the logistics and placement of the ever-growing RIC-AAU volunteer pool. This position acts as a liaison between agency department’s volunteer needs by aligning those needs with potential volunteers; i.e. placing volunteers in programs that require ongoing support such as afterschool, ESL classes, administrative support, etc. This requires managing RIC-AAU’s current volunteer pool as well as volunteer recruitment and growth, training, and acting as point of contact for RIC-AAU partners and community organizations around volunteer events, community engagement, etc.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with agency Department Heads to understanding volunteer needs
- Recruit, interview, and select volunteers/interns for RIC-AAU volunteer programs
- Gather and analyze volunteer engagement data monthly
- Maintain up-to-date agency volunteer needs on agency website, emails, and other outreach efforts
- Act as point of contact for community partners including United Way of Salt Lake, collegiate entities, religious organizations, and other partnerships, etc.
- Support planning the annual volunteer appreciation event
- Act as Communication Liaison for Community Outreach Dept.
- Oversee volunteer orientation, training, and approval process such as background checks, etc.
- Work closely with volunteer Mentor Coordinator when applicable
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be patient and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working with a diverse groups of people and in a variety of situations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Intermediate knowledge of the following: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Spreadsheets
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associate Degree preferred; experience can be substituted for degree
- Previous experience working with volunteers, community agencies and/or diverse populations