The Afterschool Instructor is responsible for providing programming that focuses on Academic and Enrichment activities that will take place at RIC-AAU's Sunnyvale Neighborhood Center (585 W 3900 S). The position includes academic tutoring, planning and preparing prevention based lessons and connecting youth to prosocial extracurricular activities.
A minimum of 15-20 hours a week will be spent carrying out programming that will run from approximately 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm M-F. Hours will adjust to 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm during Summer Hours (June to August). Under the direction of the Program Supervisor the Afterschool Instructor will be allowed to use additional hours to carry out other program/grant responsibilities that may take place on weekend or other hours that do not fall under the regular program hours. Non-programming hours will be directed to administrative work including lesson planning, collecting and inputting data and reporting.
- Coordinate and execute all activities in the Afterschool programming which includes but is not limited to carrying out homework help, programming (planned lessons), and any other field trips or partnership activities
- Administrative tasks associated with the position; reports, emails, lesson plans, grant objectives, etc.
Salary: $12-14/hr DOE
- Working with refugee youth
- Afterschool program experience
- Teaching experience
- Preference for individuals who are bilingual in English and refugee specific languages
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred
- Substitute experience for degree
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Required education: Bachelor's (or substitute experience)
Required Licenses: Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
Preferred experience: Teaching, 1 year