Purpose of Position: The ESL Assistant is a part time position and is responsible to provide overall assistance for the ESL Instructor at the Sunnyvale Neighborhood Center. This position is under the ESL Program and supervised by the ESL Instructor under the direction of the ESL Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the ESL Instructor at the Sunnyvale Neighborhood Center as needed with students, and other duties as assigned by the ESL Instructor.
- Provide supervision and guidance for children of attending ESL students during the time of ESL classes.
- Work closely with volunteers in support of the ESL Program which includes supervision of children.
- Acts as the first point of contact for walk-ins, answers telephones and other needs during the ESL teaching time.
- Maintain confidentiality about clients, staff members, and other collaborators;
- Represent RIC-AAU in a professional manner including communication skills, dressing, hygiene etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ESL Program Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Basic computer literacy and data entry.
- Ability to perform, and work quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with students with limited English proficiency including those with a learning disability.
- The incumbent must be able to hear, see, walk drive, lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, understand of verbal and written instructions in English.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Delivers services in a timely and effective manner.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem prevention.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Andy Tran at